29120 - WIFI - Mac manual firmware update utility bundle
How do I update my wifi smartpen when the normal Helper update or over-the-air process is failing?
We have a bundle you can use to update your wifi smartpen when over-the-air and Livescribe Helper updates are failing.
To do so:
- Connect your smartpen to your USB charging cable. This should start the Mac Livescribe Helper app if it was previously installed. If Helper doesn't start, click on this link to install it - http://www.livescribe.com/downloads/support/LivescribeHelper_Mac.dmg. To install for OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or later you may need to "control"-click or right-click on the Livescribe Helper icon, select "Open", and then select "Open" again.
- If prompted that a newer version of Helper is available, click the "Update" button. On the page that opens click the "Download Livescribe Helper for Mac" in the lower right corner to install the latest version. NOTE: Once Helper is updated you will need to shut down Helper (top menu "Livescribe Helper > Quit Livescribe Helper) and reconnect your Livescribe wifi smartpen to start Helper again.
- Click on your desktop to access Finder.
- From the top menu (File / Edit / View / Go) select "Go > Applications".
- Drag the "Livescribe Helper" icon to the Dock at the bottom of your desktop. The Helper icon must be showing on the Dock with the other app icons for this process to work.
- Click on this link to download the firmware bundle - http://www.livescribe.com/downloads/support/LivescribeSmartpenUpdate_v22.214.171.124.bnd
- At the prompt click "Save File".
- Open your Downloads folder (if it is not already open).
- Click on the "LivescribeSmartpenUpdate_<version>.bnd" file and hold down the mouse button.
- Drag the bundle file onto your desktop and release the mouse button.
- Click on the "LivescribeSmartpenUpdate_<version>.bnd" file on your desktop, hold down the mouse button, and drag the bundle file over the Livescribe Helper icon on your Dock so that the Livescribe Helper icon is highlighted.
- Release the mouse button to drop the bundle on the icon.
This will start the firmware update and should resolve your issue.
If an error appears during the update try disconnecting/ reconnecting your smartpen and repeat the drag and drop process above.
If you see "Checking for updates for Smartpen: Smartpen SN AYE-ARZ-ZZZ-ZZ version: #.#.#.##### - please wait…" for over five minutes, disconnect your internet connection and then follow the instructions above from step 9 above.
If you continue to get an error please let us know.