29020 - WIFI - Windows manual firmware update utility bundle
How do I update my wifi smartpen when the normal Helper update process is failing?
We have a bundle you can use to update your wifi smartpen when over-the-air and Livescribe Helper updates are failing.
To do so:
- Connect your Livescribe wifi pen to the USB cable (if not already connected).
- Run Livescribe Helper (or install it from http://www.livescribe.com/downloads/support/LivescribeHelper_Win.exe). For Windows 8 type "helper" from the Start screen, select Apps, and select "Livescribe Helper". For Win 7/Vista/XP access "Start > All Programs > Livescribe > Livescribe Helper".
- Click on this link to download the firmware bundle - http://www.livescribe.com/downloads/support/LivescribeSmartpenUpdate_v184.108.40.206.bnd.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- From the folder, drag the "LivescribeSmartpenUpdate…" file over the Livescribe Helper app window and drop the file.
- A message "Installing the update. Please wait…" will appear in the window. If you don't see this message, drag the bundle file over the Helper window and drop the file again. Allow up to 10 minutes for the update to complete.
If an error appears during the update try disconnecting/ reconnecting your smartpen and repeat the drag and drop process above.
If you see "Checking for updates for Smartpen: Smartpen SN AYE-ARZ-ZZZ-ZZ version: #.#.#.##### - please wait…" for over five minutes, disconnect your internet connection and then follow the instructions above from step 5 above.
If you continue to get an error please let us know.