29021 - WIFI - Windows Master Reset manual firmware update utility
How do I completely reset my Livescribe wifi smartpen using a Windows machine?
We have a Windows Helper utility you can use to completely erase and reset your wifi smartpen.
All of the data stored on your pen will be removed, including notes you have taken and sessions you have recorded. You will not be able to restore your data to the smartpen by syncing with Evernote as data only transfers one way - from the smartpen to Evernote.
To use the Helper app to reset the smartpen:
- Connect your Livescribe wifi pen to the USB cable (if not already connected).
- Run Livescribe Helper (or install it from http://www.livescribe.com/downloads/support/LivescribeHelper_Win.exe). For Windows 8 type "helper" from the Start screen, select Apps, and select "Livescribe Helper". For Win 7/Vista/XP access "Start > All Programs > Livescribe > Livescribe Helper".
- Hold the "Ctrl" key down on your keyboard and from the Helper menu select "File > Customer Support > Master Reset Smartpen" (your smartpen must be connected or this option will be grayed out).
- At the prompt "This will erase all personal data, settings and applications on the smartpen. Do you want to continue?" click "Yes" to start the master reset process.
- At the prompt "A smartpen update is available" click the "Install" button.
- Please allow up to 10 minutes for the update to complete. Then tap on the "Scan for Networks" button on the inside front cover of your WiFi Starter Notebook, then find and select your network.
If you get an error during the update and have made several attempts to re-install the pen firmware without success you can try updating the firmware bundle manually by doing the following:
- Click on this link to download the firmware bundle -https://www.dropbox.com/s/29qcthz6or0qv4x/LivescribeSmartpenUpdate_v126.96.36.199.bnd?dl=0
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Double-click the "LivescribeSmartpenUpdate…zip" folder on your desktop.
- From the folder, drag the "LivescribeSmartpenUpdate…" file over the Livescribe Helper app window and drop the file. NOTE: If the update does not start immediately and instead there is an "Install" button, drag the file over Helper once more.
- A message "Installing the update. Please wait…" will appear in the window. If you don't see this message, drag the bundle file over the Helper window and drop the file again. Allow up to 10 minutes for the update to complete.
If an error appears during the update try disconnecting/reconnecting your smartpen and repeat the drag and drop process above.
If you see "Checking for updates for Smartpen: Smartpen SN AYE-ARZ-ZZZ-ZZ version: #.#.#.##### - please wait…" for over five minutes, disconnect your internet connection and then follow the instructions above from step 3 above.
If you continue to get an error please let us know.