201211 - ECHO/PULSE - Windows - Renaming the Connect data folder
What are the steps for renaming the Connect data folder?
On some occasions Connect may stop responding to send requests even though it is running. If this happens and shutting down Connect and restarting it does not help then renaming the Connect data folder should resolve it.
To rename the data folder you will first need to make sure hidden folders are visible. To do so:
- Windows 10/8 - Mouse over the lower left corner of the screen to get the Start icon to appear, right-click, and select "control Panel". Windows 7/Vista/XP - Click on the Windows "Start" button and select "Control Panel".
- Windows 8/7/Vista - From Category view, click on "Appearance and Personalization" and select "Show Hidden Files or Folders". From Icons view double-click "Folder Options" and select the "View" tab. Windows XP - Double-click "Folder Options" and select the "View" tab.
- Under the "Hidden files and folders" section, if not already selected, select the radio button labeled "Show hidden files and folders" and click "OK".
Now you can rename the data folder. To do so:
- Shut down Livescribe Desktop.
- Windows 10/8 - Mouse over the lower left corner of the screen to get the Start icon to appear, right-click, and select "File Explorer". Windows 7/Vista/XP - Right-click on your Windows "Start" button and select "Open Windows Explorer" (7) / "Explore" (Vista/XP).
- Windows 10/8/7/Vista users navigate to "C:\Users\your_windows_account_name\AppData\Local". Windows XP users navigate to "C:\Documents and Settings \your_windows_account_name\Application Data".
- Right-click on the "Livescribe" folder and select "Rename".
- Rename your "Livescribe" folder to something else (for example "Livescribe - Old". This way you can keep the folder as a backup in case renaming it doesn't resolve the issue). NOTE: If you get an error indicating you do not have permissions to change this folder name and you are an Administrator on that computer running Windows 8/7/Vista, you may need to turn User Account Control off temporarily. Windows 8 - Switch back to the Start screen by pressing the Windows key (between "Ctrl" and "Alt" on your keyboard), type "uac", select "Settings" on the right, click on "Change User Account Control Settings", and drag the slider bar down to "Never notify" and click/tap "OK". You can turn UAC back on after the rename. Windows 7 - Access http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Turn-User-Account-Control-on-or-off. Windows Vista - Access http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Turn-User-Account-Control-on-or-off.
- Run Livescribe Desktop.
- Try your send again.
If you still cannot send we'll need your log files:
201010 - Windows - Requesting Log Files and Screenshot(s)