Livescribe Desktop and Connect have been replaced by the Echo Desktop application, so if you uninstall them you will be permanently removing them from your machine. To uninstall Mac Livescribe Desktop and Connect from your system:
How do I re-associate a .zip file such as the Mac Livescribe Desktop installer with my Mac Archive Utility so that I can unzip the file?
If you are having a problem opening our Livescribe Desktop installer software after downloading it from www.livescribe.com/install because the file extension is being changed from ".zip" to something else (such as ".cpgz" or some other extension) and will not unzip as a ".dmg" file, you may need to re-associate .zip files with the Mac utility that opens them.
To do this:
- Download the Mac Livescribe Desktop installer.
- In the "Downloads" window that opens, hold the "ctrl" key down on your keyboard and click on the "LivescribeDesktop_MacOSX_v#.dmg" installer file.
- Select "Open With >".
- If something other than "Archive Utility (default)" appears at the top of the window then select "Other…"
- Click on the drop down option to the left of "Spotlight" (should show "Applications" by default) and from the list select "Primary".
- Expand "System".
- Expand "Library".
- Expand "Core Services".
- Select "Archive Utility".
- At the bottom of the window check-mark the "Always Open With" box.
- Click the "Open" button.
- The Mac installer file will be unzipped as a ".dmg" file and highlighted in the "Downloads" window. Double-click the file to start the installation.
This should resolve your file association issue. If you still have a problem please let us know.