The Livescribe wifi smartpen does not work with Livescribe Desktop.
How do I search my notes using Echo or Livescribe Desktop?
Due to Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology, Echo and Livescribe Desktop can search your written pages. Search can work on notes written in cursive, print, or a combination of both. You can search a single word or consecutive words. You can also search for numbers or dates that you have written in your notes. Obviously search accuracy depends on the neatness and consistency of your notes.
By default search finds whole words in any of your notebooks. For example, entering "top" would find instances of "top" only. Search would not find other words that contain the letters "t-o-p", like "topographic" or "mountaintop".
NOTE: Drawing a circle, square, rectangle, or other demarcation around your word(s) in your notebook may prevent Echo/Livescribe Desktop from being able to search for the characters you have written. To prevent this issue, when you are taking notes do not draw lines around the words you may need to search for at a future time.
- Type the text you wish to search for into the "Search All" text box in the upper-right of the Main Toolbar (if you have changed the default, the text box may be displaying "Search Current" or "Search Selected" instead).
- Press the "Enter" key to initiate the search.
- Livescribe searches for the text and displays the thumbnails of pages containing the search text in the Search tab in the left Navigation Pane. Double-click a thumbnail to see it in Single-Page View.
NOTE: You can change your search options by clicking the Search button V on the right side of the search text box. This displays the advanced search dialog window.
By default search finds whole words in any notebook. If desired you can choose to search for partial words. To search for partial words, uncheck the "Match Whole Word" checkbox. For partial word searches, entering "top" would find "top" and other words that contain the search string like "topographic" and "mountaintop". Because Search is not case sensitive, "Top", "top", and "TOP" return the same results.
You can also choose which notebooks to search using the radio buttons:
- Open Notebook - to search the currently open notebook in the Library tab on the left
- All Notebooks - the default option
- Selected Notebook(s) - that you have check-marked in the window below
- Type the text you wish to search for into the "search all notebooks" text box in the upper-right of the Main Toolbar (if you have changed the default, the text box may be displaying "search selected notebook" instead).
- Press "return" on your keyboard to initiate the search.
- Livescribe searches for the text and displays the thumbnails of pages containing the search text in the main viewing pane. Double-click a thumbnail to see it in Single-Page View.
NOTE: To search a single notebook, click the Spotlight icon in the Search field and then click "Search Only Selected Notebook" in the Search menu to turn on the check-mark. Your searches will now only include pages contained in the notebook selected in the left Navigation Pane.