90024 - ECHO/PULSE - Embedding pencasts on a web page
How can I embed pencasts on my own web page?
From your personal profile (90010 - How do I access Livescribe Online and my personal profile?) if you would like to embed a pencast into your website, forum, or blog, you can do so by using the "Embed this file" feature. Only files that are public can be embedded. You can embed files from the Livescribe Online Community or your personal myLivescribe page.
Livescribe Online Community File
Because files posted to the Livescribe Online Community are already public, all of the files are available for posting. Select the thumbnail for the file you want to embed and access the "Embedding Livescribe Files" section below.
Your Personal myLivescribe Page File
If the file that you want to embed is private, you will need to make it public. For instructions please see 90026 - How do I make my Livescribe Online file public/private?
NOTE: Making a file public allows anyone to access the file. We do not recommend making confidential files public.
Embedding Livescribe Files
To post the public Livescribe Online file you are accessing:
- Under "Sharing Preferences" on the left click the "Embed this file" option.
- To highlight the text, click anywhere on the HTML code within the "Embed this file" window.
- Windows users - hold the keyboard "Ctrl" key down and then press the "C" key to copy the code. Mac users - hold the keyboard "command ?" key down and then press the "C" key to copy the code.
- Open your HTML editor for your website, forum, or blog. NOTE: If you are using WordPress to edit your web page, WordPress does not allow the posting of pencasts. You will need to use a different HTML editor to post your pencasts.
- Access the HTML edit area and click in the edit field. NOTE: Make sure you are in HTML edit mode, not Text composition mode. Pasting the link in a Text composition window will appear to have worked, but only part of the link will paste and when published the pencast will appear as a broken image.
- Press "Ctrl" (Windows) / "command ?" (Mac) and "V" on your keyboard to paste the text.
- Preview the posting in your HTML editor.
- If the pencast displays and plays back properly publish the file.
- Click "Done" to close the "Embed this file" window.
Congratulations! The pencast is now available for others to view.
If you have a problem embedding a file that these steps do not resolve please let us know.