Aegir Smartpen Battery & Charging - Frequently Asked Questions
In this article, you will find information about some of the most commonly asked questions related to Aegir smartpen's battery performance and charging.
- How do I charge the Aegir smartpen?
- How do I know when my device is charged to 100%?
- How do I check battery level on my Aegir smartpen?
- How will I know if my smartpen battery is low?
- How long does the battery last in my Aegir smartpen?
How do I charge the Aegir smartpen?
Charge your Aegir smartpen by plugging the included micro-USB cable into the connector that is located in the top of your smartpen. Plug the other end of the charging cable into a USB port on your computer, a UL-certified USB wall charger, or another low-energy device. Charging your device to 100% may take up to 2 hours.
Note: When it is charging, your Aegir smartpen LED indicator will be pulsing green indicating that the smartpen is charging
How do I know when my device is charged to 100%?
A solid green LED indication when Aegir is connected to USB power source indicates that the smartpen is fully charged.
How do I check battery level on my Aegir smartpen?
When your Aegir smartpen is connected to your desktop (via USB or Bluetooth) or with your mobile device (via Bluetooth), follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Livescribe+ Application
- Select 'Pen Manager' > 'More Details' to open Pen Information dialog box and know battery level
- (OR) Click on pen icon at the bottom right hand corner of the application and your smartpen battery level will be indicated
- Tap on the pen icon that you notice at the top right corner
- Smartpen details will be shown and your battery level will be indicated
How will I know if my smartpen battery is low?
Aegir uses its LED status indicators to alert the user if the pen's battery is low or critical.
Low battery indicator. Smartpen battery is at 20% or below and needs charging. At 5% battery level, the pen shuts down automatically with a beep and will not capture notes anymore
How long does the battery last in an Aegir smartpen?
On a single charge, the battery will last up to 10 hours of continuous writing with Bluetooth connected and up to approximately 10 days of standby time.