Migrating from beta version Livescribe+ Desktop Apps
Thanks a lot for trying out our pre-release version Livescribe+ Desktop Apps and all your feedback!
In this article you will find information about the newest version Livescribe+ App and also few tips to help you have a smooth migration from beta version to the live version of the Apps.
- Migration from Beta version to Live version Livescribe+ Desktop Apps
- Frequently Asked Questions
Information about migration
Points to note when users migrate from beta version Livescribe+ Desktop App to the release version Livescribe+ Desktop App (v188.8.131.52 and above).
Even though the data does not show up, it is still saved in the system under Livescribe folder and is not lost. Due to the differences between the beta and live version apps, the data is not being displayed.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is my old data lost?
No, your old data is not lost. It is still saved in your computer system under Livescribe folder. It is just that due to the differences between beta and the live version apps, the data is not being displayed.
How do I retrieve my old data?
I've reset my smartpen memory sometime back and therefore do not have all my data stored in my pen. What are the options that I have to retrieve all my missing data?
The only way that you can retrieve your old data is by moving back to the older version software; uninstall v184.108.40.206 and install the older version of the LS+ App (v220.127.116.11). By doing this, you will be able to retrieve all your old data back in the application. Users can then make a backup of their notes (save it in cloud/ locally in your computer) and then upgrade their Livescribe+ App to the latest version. Follow the steps below:
- Uninstall Livescribe+ Desktop (v18.104.22.168)
- Install beta version Livescribe+ App (v22.214.171.124)
- Open beta version Livescribe+ App and all your old data should appear again
- Export and make a back-up of your notes; save it in cloud or locally in your computer
- Once the data is backed-up, please update the software to the latest version and continue to use your smartpen with the new version of Livescribe+ Desktop