201025 - Getting logs when Mac SmartpenFlash (PenApps #.#) utility stalls or crashes
Getting logs when Mac SmartpenFlash (PenApps #.#) utility stalls or crashes
In order to help us research your issue, could you please provide the following information?
Memory size of the smartpen (GB):
Amount of data on the smartpen (tap the "Storage" button on the inside front cover of your notebook or journal):
To get the system information, please click the Apple icon in the upper left of your desktop and select "About This Mac".
What is the "Version" number of your Mac OS?
With the "Version" window still open please:
- Click the More Info… button.
- Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion and Lion - Select the System Report… button from within the "Overview" tab and then from the top menu options select "File > Save…" Snow Leopard and Leopard - From the top menu options select "File > Save As…"
- Change the "Where:" location to your desktop and click the Save button.
- Drag the "SPX" file that is on your desktop into the body of your email.
To get the Livescribe logs please:
- Dock the smartpen you are having an issue with (if applicable).
- Open Livescribe Desktop if it doesn't open automatically.
- Hold the keyboard "control" key down and select from the top menu "Tools > Customer Support > Gather Debug Logs…"
- At the prompt, check-mark the "Include additional information" box.
- Click the "I've talked to Livescribe Desktop Support" button. A "Log" window will open. Allow a few moments for the logs to generate. The file "Please wait…" will change to "logs_YYYY-MM-DD.zip".
- Reply to this email.
- From the "Logs" window drag the "logs_YYYY-MM-DD.zip" file into the body of the email (please make sure it shows as an attachment before sending) and click "Send" to send us your log files.
To get the Smartpen Flash Utility log please:
- Access Finder and select Go > Home > Macintosh HD.
- Drag the PenCommSdk.log file above into the body of the email.
- Send your reply.
We appreciate this information and will use this to research your issue.
Our next level support will look at the logs and if we have a fix they will respond with the resolution, usually within two business days. If we haven't seen this issue we will need to get the log files reviewed by our Engineering team.
If you find a resolution before we get back to you, please let us know.