85135 - ECHO/PULSE - Mac Livescribe Desktop/Echo Desktop crash when opened due to large data folder
Why does Mac Livescribe Desktop/Echo Desktop close/crash when I try to open it?
If you have been able to successfully run Mac Livescribe/Echo Desktop in the past but it has recently started crashing when you try to open it, this may be due to the size of the data folder. The steps below should help resolve this.
Create a new Mac User Profile and Re-install Livescribe Desktop
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your Mac desktop.
- Select "System Preferences… > Users & Groups".
- Click the lock icon in the lower left corner of the window.
- Enter your password and click the "Unlock" button.
- Click the plus (+) button above the lock.
- Switch "New Account:" to "Administrator".
- Enter the profile information in each field and click the "Create User" button.
- In the upper right corner of the Mac desktop, click on the currently logged in User profile.
- Select the new User profile you just created from the drop-down list.
- Enter the information to "Sign in with Your Apple ID" or select the "Don't sign in" radio button and click "Continue".
- Install Mac Livescribe Desktop from www.livescribe.com/install.
- Run Livescribe Desktop.
If Livescribe/Echo Desktop does not crash and you DO NOT have archived notebooks in the original Livescribe/Echo Desktop User profile, dock your smartpen to transfer all of your data. This will resolve your issue.