201010 - ECHO/PULSE - Windows - Obtaining your Livescribe log files
How can I access my Windows log files?
Sending us your Desktop log files can often help us troubleshoot when there are issues with the Desktop software or your smartpen. If appropriate screenshots of the problem may also be helpful.
To get the Livescribe logs:
- Dock your smartpen.
- Start Echo Desktop or Livescribe Desktop if it doesn't open automatically.
- Hold down your keyboard "Ctrl" key.
- From the top menu select "Help > Customer Service Tools… > Transfer Pen Log…" and click "OK". NOTE: If "Transfer Pen Log" is grayed out make sure your smartpen is connected. If it is connected then proceed to the next step.
- Go to "Help > Save Data for Customer Service…"
- Save the file to your Windows desktop and click "OK".
- Attach the newly created "Desktop_report.
lscs" file to your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To capture an image of the problem you are experiencing (if applicable):
- Click to select the window that displays the image of the error message or problem you are reporting.
- Hold down "Alt" and press the "Print Screen" button located in the upper right area of your keyboard.
- If you are using Outlook, click in the Body of the email, hold down "CTRL" and press "V" on your keyboard to paste the image.
- If you are not using Outlook, click the Windows "Start" button.
- Select "All Programs".
- Select "Accessories".
- Select "Paint".
- Hold down "CTRL" and press "V" on your keyboard to paste the image.
- Click "File" and select "Save As…"
- Name the file and save it.
- Attach the saved image to your email to email@example.com.
We appreciate this information and will use this to research your issue.