40469 - AEGIR - Steps to update pen firmware over Bluetooth
Steps to update pen firmware:
Your pen should have a minimum 50% battery level for the firmware update to work. If your pen battery level is below 50%, please charge your smartpen using the given micro-USB cable.
Your smartphone or tablet needs to be connected to internet.
Approx. time to get firmware updated: 3-4 minutes for iOS devices and 1-2 minutes for Android devices.
- Ensure that your pen is connected to the Livescribe+ mobile app (pen icon shows on the upper right hand corner of your app and solid blue light on the pen)
- Tap on 'Pen' icon > 'More Details' to access Smartpen settings screen
- In the Smartpen settings screen, tap on 'Firmware version'
a. If your Smartpen's firmware is up to date, you will receive a message
b. If a newer version firmware is available, you will be provided with an option to update pen firmware.
Select 'Yes' and proceed forward
The application will download the latest firmware from the cloud and transfer it to your smartpen
The firmware download and update process will take approximately 3-4 minutes from iOS devices and 1-2 minutes when performed from Android devices
DO NOT close the application/ use your smartpen when the firmware update is in progress
After successful firmware update, your smartpen will restart and reconnect automatically with your device
- Received firmware update error (Object refused error 9)?
Please charge your pen to a minimum 50% battery level. If the pen is to be upgraded over a Bluetooth connection, the battery has to be at least 50% in order for the firmware upgrade to work
- I've upgraded my pen firmware successfully but I now not able to reconnect my pen with the device
After firmware upgrade, your pen should automatically reconnect with your smartphone or tablet. If not, please follow the below steps
o Go to your smartphone or tablet device settings and forget the smartpen
o Open Livescribe+ app and pair your smartpen again - Steps here