40470 - AEGIR - Troubleshooting continuous beeping and pairing issue
I am having issues with my pen continuosly beeping and not pairing.
In order to correct this issue can you please update your pens firmware from v220.127.116.11 to the newest version v18.104.22.168.
Ensure that you have the latest version Livescribe+ application on your device.
Livescribe+ *- iOS - v2.5.1
Livescribe+ - Android - v2.5.2
With the latest version Livescribe+ application on either iOS and Android, you can update the pen firmware via Bluetooth.
Firmware v22.214.171.124 will address:
Error beep when users make pen down on any Livescribe paper
Bluetooth connectivity related issues
Please note: The pen needs to have a minimum 50% battery level for the firmware upgrade to be successful. If the pen's battery level is below 50%, the application will throw an error (Object refused error 9).
If the pen is in continuous beeping (blinking red LED) or is not pairing Please follow below steps:
- Forget the smartpen from list of connected Bluetooth devices.
- Restart your mobile device.
- The LED on the pen will turn solid green.
- Hold the ink cartridge down using your finger or against any non Livescribe surface ( it could be the front cover of the notebook ) for 3 seconds until it flashes blue.
- Open the Livescribe+ application and go to the menu and click on “Connect to smartpen”.
- You will know when the smartpen is connected when you are able to see the smartpen Icon in the top right hand corner of the Livescirbe+ application.
- Click on the smartpen icon.
- Click on more details.
- Click on firmware version
- Click on “Yes” when asked to update the smartpens firmware.
- While the firmware is being updated there is just one screen that says "Downloading pen firmware. Please wait....."
- During firmware upgrade the smartpen's LED will be blue and there will be no change until the firmware upgrade process is completed
- After successful firmware upgrade, the smartpen will restart and reconnect back with the mobile device.
- If the pen does not reconnect back with the mobile device, please forget the smartpen from the connected Bluetooth devices and try pairing the pen again with the Livescribe+ application on your phone.
Please note: If you interrupt smartpens firmware upgrade process, then you will have to restart the process from the beginning again.”
If you have any issues with this process please contact us via our support page.