Connecting Symphony/Aegir with your devices
Everything you write with Ageir smartpen on Livescribe notebooks is automatically captured and stored in its internal memory. Then when the pen is next connected with your device via Bluetooth or USB cable connection, the data is securely transferred to the free Livescribe+ App.
An active Bluetooth connection with a device will ensure that your handwritten notes are streamed live to the Livescribe+ App on your device.
Connection & Data transfer methods
Aegir can be connected either via Bluetooth (Mobile or Desktop) or via USB Cable (only with Desktop) with your device. Upon successful connection, Aegir will automatically transfer all the data that is stored in the pen to the Livescribe+ App on the device. Handwritten notes can also be live streamed to the device using an active Bluetooth connection.
Bluetooth Connection method
Aegir needs to be paired first with any new device that you use it with. Once Aegir is successfully paired with a device for the first time, whenever you start writing with your Aegir smartpen on Livescribe notebooks, it automatically reconnects to the most recent device you used the pen with (provided the device Bluetooth is turned ON and is in range).
- How to connect? Write with Aegir on Livescribe notebook and the pen will automatically connect with its most recently used device
- Prerequisite: Aegir should have been previously paired with the device that you are trying to connect with
- Connection Time: Aegir usually connects within 5-6 seconds
- Connection status indicators: When the pen is trying to connect with the most recent device, LED indicator will be pulsing blue during its first 3 attempts and upon successful connection, LED will stay solid blue.
- Connection time-out: When Aegir is idle for more than 15 mins, the pen will automatically go into sleep mode
Connect Aegir with a new device
To pair and connect your smartpen to a new device, bring the pen into pairing mode (blinking blue LED) first, turn ON your device Bluetooth and follow the below steps,
Mobile or Tablet
- Open the free Livescribe+ mobile app on your phone or tablet.
When the pen LED is blinking blue, the Livescribe+ App will automatically detect your Aegir smartpen.
- Pair and Accept Pairing request when prompted. Upon successful pairing, the smartpen will automatically connect with this new device with a beep and LED indicator on the pen will stay blue.
- Open the free Livescribe+ Notes App on your computer > Select Pen Manager tab on the top > Click on Search to open 'Smartpen Discovery' dialog box.
When the pen LED is blinking blue, Smartpen Discovery dialog box will identify and list all smartpens that are in Bluetooth connection range.
- Select the smartpen that you would like to connect to and click Pair. Upon successful pairing, the smartpen will automatically connect with this new device with a beep and LED indicator on the pen will stay blue.
That's it! Your Aegir smartpen is now connected with a new device. Whenever you start writing with your Aegir smartpen on Livescribe notebooks, it will automatically try to reconnect with its recent device. If the recent device is not in visible range, it will automatically try to connect with its other known devices.
Managing connection with multiple devices
You can pair up to 3 devices with the smartpen but can only connect to the Livescribe+ App on one device at a time. If you are trying to pair a fourth device, the smartpen will automatically remove the oldest device from its list and will remember the 3 recent devices.
USB Connection Method
Aegir smartpen can be connected via USB cable with Desktop devices for charging and data transfer. Whenever Aegir smartpen is connected via USB cable with a supported desktop device, the smartpen automatically transfers data to the Livescribe+ App.
Note: Aegir smartpen will not capture any new data when it is connected via USB cable with a computer or power source. If you attempt to write with the pen wired, the pen will create an error alert.