28005 - Getting the smartpen Serial Number
How can I get the serial number of my smartpen?
You can use one of the methods below to get your smartpen serial number and add it to your firstname.lastname@example.org email:
Use the box.
If you just purchased your smartpen, look at the outside edge of the box the smartpen came in.
The sticker will show the serial number in the format of "AYE-XXX-XXX-XX".
If you are unable to obtain the serial number from the box:
WIFI/ECHO/PULSE SMARTPENS -
Use the smartpen and notebook.
To do so:
- Turn on your smartpen.
- Open a notebook to the inside front cover and in the "Status" section tap on the "software version" button. Part of the scrolling display will include the serial number in the format of "AYE-XXX-XXX-XX".
If you are unable to obtain the serial number using the methods above please see the "ECHO/PULSE SMARTPENS" and "WIFI SMARTPENS" sections below.
AEGIR/LIVESCRIBE 3 SMARTPENS -
Use the Livescribe+ app.
If your smartpen has connected with the Livescribe+ app on your iOS device (blue LED light on smartpen):
- Turn on your smartpen.
- Run Livescribe+.
- Tap the menu icon in the upper left.
- If you have not renamed your smartpen, the serial number will appear in the lower-left in the format of ""AYE-XXX-XXX-XX".
- If you have renamed your smartpen then tap on your pen name. The window that opens should display your pen serial number.
Use the Livescribe Helper app.
If you can't get your smartpen to connect with Livescribe+ so that you can access the serial number:
- Install the Livescribe Helper app on your computer (not your tablet or phone) by accessing the following link -
Download Livescribe Helper for Windows.
- Connect your smartpen to the USB charging cable. The serial number will appear in the lower-left corner in the format of "AYE-XXX-XXX-XX".
- The serial number is located on the Livescribe+ app's side menu under the feeds section.
- The serial number is located on the Box the smartpen came in.
ECHO/PULSE SMARTPENS -
If you were unable to obtain the serial number from the box or notebook, you can send us your log files instead. To do so:
- Start Echo or Livescribe Desktop.
- Go to "Help > Save Data for Customer Service…"
- Save the file to your Windows desktop and click "OK".
- Attach the newly created "Desktop_report.lscs" file to your email@example.com.
- Open Echo or Livescribe Desktop.
- Hold down the "control" key on your keyboard and from the top menu options select "Tools > Customer Support > Gather Debug Logs…"
- Click the "I've talked to Livescribe Customer Support" button.
- As the file is created it will be labeled "Please wait…"
- Once finished there will be a "logs_YYYY_MM_DD.zip" file created.
- Attach the newly created zipped file to your firstname.lastname@example.org.