28006 - Smartpen Hard Reset
How do I hard reset my smartpen?
In some cases you may need to hard reset your smartpen in order to resolve your issue (this will not affect the data already stored on your smartpen). To do so:
LIVESCRIBE 3 SMARTPENS
- Take the capacitive tip off of the top of the pen.
- Next to the USB connector is a small hole containing a button that can be used to hard reset the smartpen.
- Using a pin or the end of a staple, push on the recessed button and release. The pen should make a single beep.
- Undock the pen from the charging cable.
- Press and hold the power button for 10+ seconds. Your pen will restart in a recording session. KEEP HOLDING THE POWER BUTTON UNTIL THE SMARTPEN TURNS OFF.
- Press the power button. Your smartpen will restart with the message "livescribe… Starting…"
If you still have an issue please let us know.