83270 - LIVESCRIBE+ - Archiving Livescribe 3 notebooks
How do I archive notebooks on my Livescribe 3 smartpen in order to allow me to use the same type of notebook again?
Archiving will allow you to use your Livescribe 3 smartpen with your new notebook that has the same name and style as the notebook you have already used.
After archiving, Livescribe+ will still play archived notebook pencasts identically to how they were played before they were archived.
Note that your archived notebooks are still stored on your smartpen so that:
- Pairing your Livescribe 3 smartpen to a new iOS 7 device (or later) or Android 4.4.2 device (or later) running Livescribe+ will allow you to transfer the active notebook and archived notebook notes to that device.
- When using your smartpen to tap on the ink in an archived notebook, you will still "jump to" that page in the Livescribe+ archived notebook.
IMPORTANT: Make sure to archive the old notebook on every device that you have Livescribe+ installed on that contains the old notebook. For example if you have been using your Livescribe 3 smartpen with your iPhone, iPad, and Android tablet, archive the notebook on all three devices.
You have two options for archiving.
Archiving using Livescribe+:
- Start Livescribe+.
- IMPORTANT: Turn on the paired Livescribe 3 smartpen. You cannot archive a notebook unles your smartpen is on and paired.
- In the Livescribe+ app, tap and hold on the notebook cover icon you want to archive.
- Tap the "Archive" option.
In Livescribe+, the only change to the archived notebook will be the cover icon. It will change to an icon of a file cabinet drawer on a semi-transparent background. Once you start using it, your new notebook will appear with the same name as the archived notebook but with a number appended to the name ( i.e. a new "Livescribe 3 Journal 1" will appear as "Livescribe 3 Journal 1 ").
NOTE: Once you are near the end of a notebook (e.g. last five pages), an "Archive Now" thumbnail page will appear in "Notebooks" view that will also allow you to archive your notebook by tapping on the page.
Archiving using a notebook Status Label:
- Turn on the Livescribe 3 smartpen.
- Tap the Status Label wrapping the front edge of the new notebook you want to start using.
- The smartpen LED will flash green four times and beep (if sound is enabled on the smartpen).
In Livescribe+, the only change to the archived notebook will be the cover icon. It will change to an icon of a file cabinet drawer on a semi-transparent background.