80303 - ECHO/PULSE - Registering a smartpen using Echo/Livescribe Desktop
How do I register my smartpen using Echo or Livescribe Desktop?
We encourage you to register your Echo smartpen before using it in order to activate the smartpen warranty.
NOTE: Applications will not transfer to your smartpen if it is not registered.
To register your smartpen:
- Start Echo/Livescribe Desktop.
- Dock your smartpen to the USB charging cable.
- Name your smartpen if prompted.
- If this is your first time registering, from the top menu select "Tools > Smartpen > Register". NOTE: If the "Register" option is grayed out then your smartpen is not being recognized. Please see 85121 - Smartpen not recognized by Windows Echo Desktop or 85131 - Smartpen not recognized by Mac Echo Desktop.
- In the window that opens change the radio button to "Create new account", enter the email address and password you want to create for your account and click "Create".
- If the email address has not already been used you will get an Account Creation Success window. Click "OK". NOTE: If you previously created that email account, this article will help you resolve the error that appears - 85202 -Trying to create User Account - "There was an error creating your user account" (Windows) / "Account creation failed" (Mac).
- In the "Register Your Smartpen" window, complete any required fields and click the "Continue" button.
- Click "Continue" again to confirm your registration information.
- Click the "Submit" button
- You will see a registration confirmation message. Click "OK".
Please let us know if you have any issues trying to register.