20305 - WIFI/ECHO/PULSE - Setting audio recording quality / sensitivity
How do I set my audio recording quality and sensitivity levels?
There are several settings you can use to get the best audio recording for the environment you are in.
The " audio quality"/"audio settings"/"Audio Compression" buttons (depending on your notebook) change the compression rate of the recorded audio. The higher the audio quality the lower the compression rate. As a result, files recorded with the highest audio quality setting will require more memory storage (for more information please reference 20312 - How many hours of recording audio will fit on my Smartpen?)
Tap the appropriate button to set the audio quality to one of the options below using your smartpen and the inside cover of your notebook:
- Set the recording at "HIGH" to record at the highest audio quality. This setting will require the largest amount of memory storage and is optimal for very large environments or when the highest quality recording is required.
- Set the recording at "MEDIUM" to return to the recommended audio quality setting. This is the default setting.
- Set the recording at "LOW" to record at the lowest audio quality. This is a memory space saving setting which utilizes the least amount of memory storage and is optimal for dictations or smaller, quieter recording environments.
NOTE: If your notebook does not contain these controls, please reference 20307 - How do I change my smartpen settings using the Nav Plus?
The microphone sensitivity can be used to record in a specific environment.
To set the microphone sensitivity to one of the options below, use your smartpen and the buttons under the "SETTINGS - ADVANCED AUDIO" section on the inside cover of your notebook (if your notebook does not contain these controls please reference 20307 - How do I change my smartpen settings using the Menu button?).
- Set the recording to "lecture hall" to optimize recordings for larger rooms when the sound source is far away.
- Set the recording to "conference room" to optimize recordings for smaller areas and dictation.
- Set the recording to "automatic" to automatically set the microphone sensitivity based on the noise level of your environment. This is the default setting.
Tip: For even better quality audio recordings use your 3-D Recording Headset to create binaural recordings. Stereo recordings will require more memory storage since you are recording two audio channels instead of one. For more information please reference 40010 - What is binaural recording?