85100 - LIVESCRIBE+ - Pairing Livescribe 3 for first time to an Android KitKat 4.4.2 (or later) device
How do I pair my Livescribe 3 smartpen to my Android Bluetooth device?
To pair your Livescribe 3 smartpen for the first time:
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned "On" for your Android device by tapping on the "Settings" icon and then "Bluetooth".
- Make sure your Android device is compatible (83002 - LIVESCRIBE+ - Compatible devices and system requirements for Livescribe 3 smartpen and Livescribe+ app).
- Verify you are running KitKat 4.4.2 (or later) on your device by tapping on the "Settings" icon, scroll down and tap "About tablet" or "About phone".
- Turn on the smartpen by twisting the textured middle ring clockwise. You should see a blinking green light on the top of the pen clip. If not then tap the "Device Pairing" button found on the first page of your Livescribe 3 notebook (faces the inside front cover). The LED should start blinking green.
- You should see a dialog box asking if you'd like to pair your smartpen to that device. Tap "PAIR" to connect the smartpen. Once connected the smartpen LED will turn solid blue. If the LED does not turn solid blue OR the Livescribe+ app is running but your ink strokes are not transferring for the notes you have taken, please see 88000 - LIVESCRIBE+ - Smartpen not pairing/syncing with Livescribe+.
- Tap "CONTINUE".
- Tap "GET LIVESCRIBE+".
- Install Livescribe+.
- Start Livescribe+ and it should show that your pen is connected. If not then tap the "CONNECT WITH SMARTPEN" button and "PAIR".
NOTE: If you have several notebooks worth of notes stored on your pen because you were using it with another device, it may take up to an hour to transfer older notes from a Livescribe 3 smartpen to a fresh install of the Livescribe+ app.